We never sell or rent your email address or personal information to others.
We will not send you anything unless you opted-in to receive it. If you are receiving emails from us and you would like them stopped, simply choose to unsubscribe at the bottom of the emails received.
What information does NicoyaResearch.com gather?
NicoyaResearch.com collects a limited amount of information about our newsletter subscribers to enable Nicoya Research to fulfill subscriptions. Nicoya Research may obtain the following information from its Registered Users and Subscribers:
1. Registration and Subscription data
2. Site usage data
1. Registration and Subscription data. The only individually identifiable information that Nicoya Research seeks about you is that which you are asked to provide when you register (for site access or you opt-in to our FREE newsletter) or subscribe to any “paid” subscription product that Nicoya Research may publish. This information may include your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and, in the case of a purchase, billing information. Nicoya Research uses registration and subscription information to maintain records about your use of our services, for billing purposes, and for us to occasionally send you information on products and services that we offer. THIS INFORMATION IS NOT SHARED WITH ANY THIRD-PARTY FIRMS, other than our credit card payment processors such as Stripe, which requires it to process payments.
2. Site Usage Data. Nicoya Research collects non-identifiable information to measure how our registered users and subscribers use NicoyaResearch.com’s web site. This information may include statistics about the numbers and timing of unique visits to our web site(s), repeat visits, and which pages are viewed. We view this information to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
NicoyaResearch.com may display online advertisements from third party advertisers who are interested in reaching our audience. We may share with advertisers aggregated and non-identifying information about our Visitors and subscribers collected through the registration process as well as through any online surveys we may conduct. However, NicoyaResearch.com will not share any personal information about any of its site visitors or subscribers with these advertisers.
Email Marketing From Third-Party Advertisers
NicoyaResearch.com may send out email advertisements or messages from third party advertisers to its site registration and subscriber lists. NicoyaResearch.com will not sell or transfer to third parties the email addresses of its subscribers. NicoyaResearch.com maintains strict confidentiality of its subscribers’ email addresses. All site registrants and subscribers are given the opportunity of opting-out from receiving these promotional messages.
All commercial emails are sent in full accordance with the provisions of the US 2003 CAN-SPAM Act. NicoyaResearch.com has developed its Internet marketing tools and practices to incorporate a strict “permission-based” policy that prohibits the use of email in any manner associated with the delivery of any unsolicited bulk or unsolicited commercial email. Our anti-SPAM policy has been developed to conform to the highest commercially reasonable standards.
If you believe NicoyaResearch.com sent you unsolicited email, please send a message via the contact us page regarding your situation. Your case will be investigated immediately.
NicoyaResearch.com’s Dedication to Data Security
NicoyaResearch.com works to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems. Nicoya Reserach cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information.
In the Event of a Change of Ownership
In the event of a merger or acquisition, the sales of the company or any change of ownership, all of NicoyaResearch.com’s customer information (including email addresses) may be transferred to a separate entity or entities. All NicoyaResearch.com subscribers and registered users will be notified of any change in ownership, merger or acquisition of by a third party. Subscribers and users may choose to access and revise any of their registration and/or subscription information at that time.
Like many other Web sites, NicoyaResearch.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider, date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- Google Adsense
- Commission Junction
- Microsoft Bing
NicoyaResearch.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 5 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them. When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
When shopping, we keep a record of your email and the cart contents for up to 30 days on our server. This record is kept to repopulate the contents of your cart if you switch devices or needed to come back another day.
This plugin/extension sets the following cookies:
_stripe_mid – Learn more https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
_stripe_sid – Learn more https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
We may also collect payment through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
If you have any questions regarding our policies please feel free to contact us.